1) Total number of fandoms I like: Good golly. Um, I'll list 'em. * means I write fanfic there, + means I've been meaning to write fanfic there.
Veronica Mars +
Josie and the Pussycats movie (shaddup) *
The Prisoner +
Doctor Who (new series)
With the exception of Josie, I've never really understood movie-based fandoms. It's just not my thing, I guess.
2) My first fandom ever: To read, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, actually. To write, probably Buffy (although I dimly recall some Ghostbusters fanfic back in my wee years).
3) My most recent fandom: Veronica Mars. I love this show so much.
4) Five fandoms that currently mean a lot to me:
Buffy - the first show I was ever well and truly obsessive about. I have an obsessive personality, so I'd had some intense flings before -- Star Trek: TNG being the most notable -- but this was the first show that started mucking about in my life. The first show where I found compatriots who I liked and respected. Home, in short.
Angel - If it had been just Buffy, I might have let go many moons back. However, this deepening of the philosophy and mythos of the Buffy universe has ensured that Whedon has me in his demented grasp for what promises to be the rest of my life.
The Prisoner - Most brilliant television show ever produced. One of TV's only true masterpieces.
Firefly - This is the fandom that I share with my mother. We'll call each other after having seen an episode and gab about the implications or the arc or just the clever dialogue. I hooked her on it and now she's actively hooking others in an attempt to make Serenity a box office smash, one person at a time.
Veronica Mars - I can't tell you how many cool people I've met through this show.
5) Tag 5 people to put this in their journal: airawyn